Thursday, October 3, 2013

Late Summer Veggies

 
In August I decided to try planting some late summer veggies, although mid-August is really late for Minnesota.
 
 
I planted seeds I got this year from Renee's Garden , she has a fantastic selection of veggies, flowers, and herbs.
 
 
Wow! Germination the next day!!

 
A couple days later some thinning is in order...


                                      ...there! Much better growth when they're less crowded.

 
About a week ago I had this! The stir-fry mix really went nuts, so time for a harvest...

 
...there! If the temps hold out I should get another harvest too, not bad for a mid-August planting.

 
Thanks Renee!
 
 
 
Disclaimer: Renee's Garden gave me these complimentary seeds  in exchange for a review. The opinions expressed here are honest and all my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least we know you're not gonna starve to death! ;)
V.

Garden Broad said...

Lol! Alas, I cannot live on stir-fry greens alone :)