Sunday, August 11, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation Part 2

More Montana! Here's a wildflower that I'm pretty certain to be 'Fire Weed'...
 
 
...lovely blooms!

 
Very low-growing wildflower, aster of some sort?

 
Love this orange!

 
Plenty of life-sized bonsai on the rocks here...

 
...and a western cousin of 'Goat's Beard' that we have in Wisconsin.

 
I like this twig fence at a local community garden...

 
....and the cool worm artwork on this branch.

 
This looks like 'Bearberry" to me, but I've not taken the time to look things up for a certain ID.

 
This is definately wild geranium, though.

 
Lovely yellow wildflower...

 
...and a wicked cool thistle! Many regard thistle as weeds, but if bees like it- I like it! Looks very pretty too, IMO.

 
The community garden in their neighborhood has some well-maintained plots for sure...

 
...with huge leeks! My only attempt to grow these yielded chive-size results, but this gardener has it down for sure.

 
Happy sunflower...

 
...likely due to this pollinator garden nearby. Good call!


They say "If you plant it, they will come" with regard to pollinators...

 
....from the look of this garden...

 
....that's the absolute truth!

 
Love this! I think it's tansy...


...and this is a lamb's ear of some sort (I think-please feel free to comment with solid info :)

 
Of course the bees don't need a guide book to spot the tasty pollen.


Beautiful blue wildflower, reminds me of forget-me-not, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

 
Now this I recognize! It's snowberry-I have it growing very well in my yard in Wisconsin, too.

 
Interesting take on a raised bed here...

 
...and what's this? Could it be a "scare-mingo"?

 
Montana bumper crop!


Great trip! Now I want to go and see it in the winter, though there won't be any garden-related images then. (I don't have to blog everything I guess :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely garden and collection of flowers! That dark red lettuce looks so delicious.

Garden Broad said...

Thank you! It was hard for me to see all the yummy veggies and not be able to taste them :)